Bail Bonds and Crime Rates
Bail bonds are necessary for certain crimes, but Bratten Bail Bonds has you covered! Missouri crime rates are increasing and all you see in the news lately is gun violence. If you ever find yourself or a loved one in a situation that requires a bail bond, reach out to us!
Bratten Bail Bonds has been servicing the greater Kansas City area for more than 10 years. We believe that everyone has the right to freedom until a judge or jury determines guilt or innocence. If you’re arrested in Platte County or the surrounding areas there’s a few steps that must be followed, including posting bail. Once a judge has assigned you a bail amount you can start looking for bail bonds companies. The process to getting released can take up to a couple of hours, dependent on the amount of your bond. Bratten Bail Bonds offers help with two main kinds of bail bonds:
- Surety Bond: With this type of bond, you would pay the bail bonds company a non-refundable 10% of the total amount of bail, then the bail bonds company guarantees the entire amount to the court. A co-signer or collateral might be required for this. If you fail to appear for any hearings this can lead to bond forfeiture and additional costs.
- Property Bond: This type of bond is not as common and has some requirements –
- Must be a Missouri resident and must be at least 21 years of age
- You cannot use your own property
- The property must be located within Missouri and prove ownership
- Property must have sufficient equity; a paid tax bill or other documentation must be provided
- A lien will be placed on the property and the court can foreclose if you miss court hearings
With gun violence in the news a lot lately we’ve investigated some weapons law violations. In 2021 there were 106 total violations in the Kansas City area, compared to 140 so far in 2022. We’ve seen an increase in gun violence with means an increased need for bail bonds. At Bratten Bail Bonds we have helped many people secure their freedom in a timely release with our tried and proven process. Servicing Platte County and surrounding areas we are available for bail bonds day and night!
When you need a bail bonds company in Platte County look no further than Bratten Bail Bonds. One number and we mobilize to you in minutes! (816) 415-4448, call today or contact us online!